Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thank You Hallmark!


Can I just say wow? Hallmark is an amazing company. I learned so much about how they work, and what they promote yesterday. They encourage so much creativity- you should see their art supply library! Holy cow! If they could build and extension on to my house, and then pack everything up and send it me, I would be a happy camper.

They love working with moms, and I felt so honored to be there, and to have them sincerely listen to my opinion, and even take note of it! They spoiled us so much, with all the food and drinks and goodies they gave us.

What is so awesome is that they understand moms, and work to accommodate the moms that work for them. One of the writers told us that she had her son, then decided to go part time and even works from home some of the days when she wants too, and Hallmark is just fine with that. She said if anything ever comes up with her son, she can take off with no problems at all. I wish all companies were like that!

I met some amazing people there, and I felt so special to be there. Janice from 5m4m was there, along with Tanya from Mommy Goggles(whom I knew online so it was great to meet in person), Casey from Moosh In Indy, Gabrielle from Design Mom(She's the one who took that awesome Hallmark picture above!), Jen from Mommy Needs Coffee(who was so much fun to hang around with), Michelle from Gotcha Baby, Elizabeth from Table for 5, Amanda from Mommy Mandy, Kristin from An Ordinary Life, Natalie from Red Sox Mommy (we had the same flight going out and coming back!) and Stephanie from Adventures in Babywearing. I also met so many wonderful people who work at Hallmark, and I felt like I made some great friends before I left. I'd love to do it again tomorrow! :)

Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. That was a total blast! Glad to have met you and the other girls involved.

    Didn't you get video of the art room? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome. I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trisha - I'm going to take you at your word that it's okay for an ancient mom to comment... it was truly a pleasure to meet you and have a chance to learn more about your world. I sooo wish blogs had been invented back in my day, although maybe it's a good thing they weren't, I'm not sure I'd ever stepped away from the computer. Thank you for coming and letting us show you around our place. -- Linda Odell

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a blast and how fun to get to meet all the other bloggers too! :) I'm so glad the trip and the Hallmark event went well for you. Did you really video the art room? I want to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to meet you, Trisha! Should I ever get to attend another blog event (it was my first as well), the bar has been set pretty high! :)

    ReplyDelete