Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lionsgate New Releases


We have become big fans of cartoons lately, thanks to having a toddler in the house. I remember one of my favorite cartoons when I was little was Care Bears. I used to watch it everyday on Disney. Granted that this was back in the 80s, but I love that Care Bears are back! Now my daughter can fall in love with these cute bears too.

This March, both preschoolers and mommies will cheer as LIONSGATE® presents the new Care Bears DVD, Care Bears: Cheer, There & Everywhere with eight never-before-released episodes from the all - new TV series! Care Bears: Cheer, There, & Everywhere includes themes of emotional intelligence that help kids develop and are mom-friendly. This title marks the first Lionsgate release of the new Care Bears television show on CBS and features eight springtime stories, focusing on getting along with others.

I love watching wholesome educational cartoons, and I firmly believe that this Care Bear DVD falls in that category. I had the chance to watch this DVD and I loved it. My daughter didn't really sit and watch it, but she rarely does with any movie. The episodes are short, which is nice if you really want your kid to learn a lesson, but they have a short attention span. This DVD is now available in stores if you want to check it out.

Along with Care Bears, Lionsgate has also released Happily N'Ever After 2 Snow White: Another Bite at the Apple. This is a CGI-animated movie, and almost has a Shrek-like feel to it. I never saw the first Happily N'Ever After movie, but I still enjoyed the second one. All the favorite characters from the first movie are in the second one. Here's a brief synopsis of the movie:

Fairy tales collide when Mambo and Munk tip the scales of good and evil once again. This time Princess Snow White is a misguided teenager who’d rather have fun with friends Red Riding Hood, Goldilocks and Little Bo Peep than help peasants. When Snow White’s father is matched up with Lady Vain - a scheming witch brewing to rule the kingdom - Snow White becomes a thorn in Lady Vain’s side. Snow White is soon tricked by Lady Vain (with Rumpelstiltskin’s help) into spreading vicious gossip about the townspeople, forcing her to flee. Through rebuilding the three little pigs’ houses with the seven dwarves leading the way, Snow White learns the value of helping others. Only Snow White can foil her dad’s wedding to stop Lady Vain. With Mambo and Munk in tow, Snow White proves she can rule the kingdom, while bringing balance back to the scales of good and evil.

This was a little old for my daughter, but I could see my nieces and nephews really enjoying it. This is also avilable in stores now. In fact, I just saw it at the Redbox yesterday!

Here's some other movies coming out this spring:

Wolverine And The X-Men: Heroes Return Trilogy, April 21, 2009

25th Anniversary Edition of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Season 7 May 12, 2009

Speed Racer The Next Generation: Comet Run The Movie May 12, 2009

LeapFrog Letter Factory and LeapFrog Talking Words Factory May 12, 2009


Be sure to look for them in stores!

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment