Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools Day Pranks

Since today is April Fools Day, I wanted to write about one of my pranks that I pulled in college and hear what some of your pranks have been!

So when I was in college we were good friends with this one guys apartment. We knew they didn't lock their doors at night so we decided to do something to their apartment in the middle of the night. Thus Chuck was born.

Chuck was a homeless man we made by stuffing clothes and adding a trench coat and gloves and a bottle in a brown paper bag. We used a balloon for a head and if he was laying on the couch just right, he looked real. In fact after we made him, we went to bed for a few hours and when we woke up to go put Chuck into the guy's apartment, it scared some of us!

We went over at about 3 in the morning and put Chuck on their couch. Then we went into their kitchen and opened cupboards and moved things around. We took a bowl and some cereal and put in on the floor by the couch. It looked like Chuck has moved in and made himself at home and then fallen asleep on the couch.

We went over later on the next day and found Chuck in a heap in the corner. We couldn't figure out why, but finally got the story out of one of the guys. Basically what happened is one of the guys woke up and found Chuck on the couch. He sat there watching him for as long as he could, but he had to go take a test up on campus. All his other roommates were still asleep, so he decided to literally run up to campus, take his test, and then run home. He got back and Chuck was still asleep.

One of his other roommates finally woke up and came out and asked what was going on. The first guy said, "Shh! I'm going to give him 10 more minutes and then wake him up!" So the second guy went over and tried to get a look at Chuck's face to see who it was. Well, he saw the bright yellow balloon and had to laugh. The he told his roommate that he didn't think that this guy was going to wake up, and rolled Chuck over. The guy was so mad that he had fallen for it he threw Chuck in the corner where he lay until we came to rescue him.

Yes, we had some fond memories of Chuck. What were some of your April Fools Day jokes?

Share/Save/Bookmark

9 comments:

  1. That is awesome!!! I have two questions....did they get retribution??? and did they stop leaving their door unlocked? Hilarious....thanks for sharing!

    For me, today, I've changed my name just for fun. I'm telling the kids to call me Fiberty Jibbet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Cute. DH edited some HR documents to make it look like everyone has hours instead of days worth of vacation. His employees were SO MAD. LOL! They are planning on getting even with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanne- no they did not do anything back, and yes, they still left their door unlocked. I guess they didn't learn anything from it. :) It was still worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that is pretty realistic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that is the funniest thing I've ever heard! LMAO! I've never really been big on April Fool's Day so I don't have any great stories but that one was GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great April's fools Day joke, sounds like you had a lot of fun during college days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the funniest thing I have heard all day.
    I'm just now popping by from the blog party - I'm such a slacker. Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been given the Fav Blog Pop!
    You can grab your display code and register your pop for prizes here http://www.coolbabykid.com/2007/11/blog-pops-sweet-valentines-blog-treat.html

    Thanks for being one of my favorite blogs to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is no April Fool's Joke... I'm giving you the Cute Blog Pop!

    Check out the details at http://www.blogpoz.com or the code Cat left above :).

    ReplyDelete