Thursday, April 30, 2009

Prima Princessa DVD Review and Giveaway

We have always said that my daughter would be a dancer. She is super flexible and when she would sit, she would point her toes, with her legs out to the side. Or she would stand on her tip toes. It's in her blood, what can I say?

I received the Prima Princessa DVD from the company to do a review, and I thought it was perfect for my daughter. I remember a few months ago I did a basic pirouette and my daughter just laughed and laughed. I don't know why she thought it was so funny, but she liked it. I figured she would like this video too.

We have pulled it out a few times, and she kind of watches it, but not really. She doesn't watch many DVD's however, so I think it's just a little old for her. (She's almost 2) She does like spinning and jumping with the little kids on the movie, however. In fact, I got a video of her doing it.



We had to pull out her pretty princess dress so she could look as pretty as the ballerinas. She had so much fun spinning and jumping around the room.

So what exactly is this DVD?
It is a 40 minute DVD for anyone aspring to be a ballerina or princess and stars a cartoon fairy ballerina princess named Prima Princessa who takes an adorable group of pre-school girls on a magic journey to see a live performance of Swan Lake, performed by the world famous Paris Opera Ballet, complete with kid-friendly narration by Prima Princessa. Between acts they come home and in a fun montage of animals, kids, and young dancers from the New York City Ballet's SAB they learn basic ballet steps. Our DVD gets kids up and dancing and twirling in their livingrooms!
I love how they incorporate a real ballet, but they explain everything that is going on, so kids can understand the story. It's also fun to see other kids actually demonstrating real ballet steps that your kids can immitate at home. I bet my daughter will really like this in a few years when she's a little older and appreciates the pretty ballerinas. For now we'll just continue dancing and spinning around the room.

Want to win a copy of Prima Princessa?

To enter:
  • Visit their site and tell me what kids activities they have available on there.

For extra entries: (the entry above must be completed for these to count)
  • Add me to your blogroll (1 entry)
  • Add my button to your site (1 entry)
  • Blog about this and include a link to here and a link to Prima Princessa (5 entries)
  • Subscribe to my feed (1 entry)
  • Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway (1 entry- leave a link to the tweet)
Contest is open to US residents only and will end May 7th at 11:59pm MT. Winner will be drawn by random.org, and will have 48 hours to contact me or I will have to draw a new winner. Please make sure you leave each entry in a separate comment and leave me a way to contact you.

Prima Princessa is a Playdate Pick!

*Please note that this is just my opinion and someone else might have a different experience with this product*

View lots more contests at the Ultimate Blog Carnival on LiveGiveaways.Com!


Share/Save/Bookmark

52 comments:

  1. They have some really nice kids coloring pages to print and have the kids color. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow on Twitter and tweeted
    http://twitter.com/kewpiedoll04/status/1662066469

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not entering - just have to say I love your video. :meltingheart:

    ReplyDelete
  4. my daughter likes the coloring pages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love the coloring pages. We printed quite a few out. My 2 littlest ones colored them and each made a book. Wonderful site. Want this DVD. Blessings, Stefanie Hartman fhartman@frontiernet.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. subscribe to feed fhartman@frontiernet.net on google

    ReplyDelete
  7. follow you on Twitter and tweeted id keepsakebaby

    keepsakebabyNew Blog Post Prima Princessa DVD Review and Giveaway http://tinyurl.com/dftvye

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids would love the coloring pages. They already like doing that on NickJr.com too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They have great coloring pages my son and nieces can color. Thanks for the chance.

    sweetascandy579 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. the coloring pages. my kids love to dance with videos- eventually she will get up and be bouncing around and burn energy

    ReplyDelete
  11. They love to dance to the music & put on shows for us,.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my grandson loves the coloring mverno@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the music on the site.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The coloring pages are one of the listed activities.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They have coloring pages and the music is great. Thank you
    tatertot374@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. theyve got lots of coloring pages to print out and color

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes,I also think the coloring pages are great for my grandkids. jelly15301@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. They have really cute coloring pages you can print out for your kids to color!
    mainlandmama at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think the color pages are cool!! Thanks for the chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love the chance to win, thanks.
    erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. They have fun coloring pages to print!


    clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Coloring Pages!

    theyyyguy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. The coloring pages are unique and creating a wonderful way for a child to grow and express!

    Barbara Rawe
    tykelly1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Coloring Book Pages are perfect for our aspiring Butterfly Princess Ballerina! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. They have Coloring Pages available. Thanks
    fly18grl21@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Button on my blog.
    fly18grl21@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. They have Coloring Book Pages available to print out for kids.
    jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. subscriber
    jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. button on my blog.
    jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. They have wonderful coloring pages -- my kids are really enjoying those!

    marielay@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. They have really cute coloring pages. I like that they even have a few boys ones.

    wordsmoveme(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I subscribe to your feed.

    wordsmoveme(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  33. My daughter would LOVE this. I studied ballet for 9 years and she's always asking me to teach her. She'd go nuts for this. I saw the video clips and coloring pages on their site. Cute!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  34. They have coloring book pages!
    pleaseundress@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. They have Coloring Pages. garrettsambo@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. The coloring book option is really cool.

    misusedinnocence@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. They have coloring pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. They have a neat coloring book:) Thanks for the awesome giveaway and 4 the entry:)

    ReplyDelete
  39. They have a coloring book available on their site.

    ms.lilyk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I subscribed to your feed.

    ms.lilyk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete