Did you know that today is National Name Yourself Day? So you get to choose the name you want to go by today.
I heard about this and started thinking if I would want to change my name for today. I've kind of grown accustomed to my current name. When I was little I wanted to be known as Rose. My cousin and I both had secret names and we used to sign all of our letters with our secret names. I was Rose, and she was Crystal. So together we were Crystal Rose. Somehow though, I don't think Rose is my name of choice anymore. :)
It makes me think of the Friends episode when Phoebe decides she's going to change her name "Princess Consuela Bananahammock" and Mike decides he's going to change his to "Crap Bag." I guess I could change mine to my nickname in high school "Redheaded Curse." Or maybe something elegant, I just can't think of anything right now.
I don't know, what should I go by today? And what would your name of choice be today?

I always wanted to be named Cindy. No idea why, just enamored with the name, I guess!! Today, maybe I'd pick something shorter than 8 letters...on standardized tests in school I was always Michel.
ReplyDeleteMy friend (when I was a mall rat) named me Veronica. LOL. I like it.
ReplyDeleteWhen I order inside of Starbucks and they ask for my name, I become Margo. It usually throws my friends off, if they have never heard me use it before!!
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me of the movie Big Daddy where the little boy decides he wants to be called Frankenstein! hehe :-) I like your blog and just wanted to say hello!
ReplyDelete