Sunday, October 12, 2008

This is What We Woke Up to This Morning


Yup, that's right. Snow. Ugh! It's only October. It was in the 80's last week. But now, there is snow. I knew it was coming, but I kept hoping for something else. Hopefully this is just a weird cold front, and it will go away and nice weather will come back. I need that gradual transition from warm to cold. I don't like sudden temperature changes unless it's of the warmer aspect. Can you tell I am a Cali girl? I grew up in the middle of the Mojave desert. Snow is just an illusive thing that should occasionally happen, preferably on Christmas day. I remember sitting by the window looking up at the sky on Christmas Eve or Christmas day wishing that it would snow so there could be a white Christmas. Now it's snowing in October, and I'm sure it's just going to get worse. Guess I better go turn the heat up and get out our winter coats and hats and mittens.


Share/Save/Bookmark

9 comments:

  1. Wow!! I am not looking forward to snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! if you're getting snow this early i can only imagine what winter is goin to be like for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that's awesome. I'd love some snow right now. We're in the 80's then we're suppose to drop into the 50/60's this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brr... I remember the first time it snowed after I moved to Utah, it was October and I thought we'd get a snow day. LOL, no such luck!! What can I say, when it snows in Texas (which is almost never) everything shuts down. I have to admit I am glad to be back in a place with warmer weather.

    I tagged you for an award, stop by my blog to check it out :)

    http://3runningincircles.blogspot.com/2008/10/award-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...Brrr is right! We are still in the 80's and it will probably be a while before it's even "cool" here, but I am ready.

    My son will love these pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow!! we wore shorts to school today here in kentucky it was a very warm day in the high 80s!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. forgot to say thanks for posting our button!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I'm gonna stop complaining about how it's starting to get cold here - at least we don't have snow.

    That's gonna make trick-or-treating real fun right? Does it melt before Halloween or does it stay once it falls?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It melted that day, and it's supposed to warm up to the 70s again, so I hope that it was just one freak storm.

    ReplyDelete