Thursday, October 23, 2008

One of My All Time Favorite Books


I love to read. I always have. My parent's used to punish me by taking away my books. I wasn't allowed to read until all my chores were done. I used to read under the covers all the time.

I still love to read. In fact my husband has to tell me to turn off the light so he can go to sleep. I can't help myself. I really get into the story, and I can't put it down.

I finally read the Twilight series not that long ago, and I liked them. I hear a lot of people though, who loved Twilight, but they hate to read. My friend has asked me what books she should read now that she's read Twilight is done.

I told her to read Phantom by Susan Kay. This is one of my favorite books. I read it in college a few times, and maybe even high school, I can't remember. Then I decided that it was a book I wanted to own. So I went to find it, and IT WAS OUT OF PRINT! I was so sad! Then, about a year later, my husband found out that they were re-releasing it. I was so excited. He pre-ordered it for my birthday, but the release date kept being pushed back farther and farther. I never got it for my birthday in March, but I did finally get it for Christmas. It took a while, but I am so glad I own it now!

It is basically the story of how the Phantom of the Opera becomes the Phantom of the Opera. It is very realistic to the original book, and everything seems to fit just right, at least to me. Being the Phantom of the Opera fan I am, I bet you can understand why I fell in love with it.

So, if anyone is looking for another good book to read, I recommend this one! I have loaned my friend my copy, and I can't wait to hear how she likes it.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good! I'd give anything to have the time to read something other than Dr. Seuss! lol

    ReplyDelete