I remember when the Atkins diet only meant meat. Well, they are all about proper nutrition and teaching you what foods are good for you.From their site: "It works by teaching you how to eat the right foods - the foods that turn your body into an amazing fat-burning machine. That's what makes Atkins truly unique. You eat the foods your body was meant to consume, you start burning fat today, right now - and you get powerful, long-term success."
Sounds perfect right? They have a whole four phase program for you where you eat a variety of your favorite foods - lean protein, leafy greens, vegetables, nuts, fruits, whole grains.
They also have delicious bars and shakes that you get to eat throughout the programs. I got a variety of these bars to try out. Let's just say that I don't have a picture of them to show you because they didn't last long.
Their bars are divided into three different categories: Atkins Day Break- which are great for breakfast or as a mid morning snack, Atkins Advantage- which are great anytime of day to give you an extra boost of fiber and protein, and the Atkins Endulge- which are a smarter alternative to your favorite candy bar, yet they still satisfy your sweet tooth.

I have to say that my favorite were by far the Endulge bars. In fact, their Caramel Nut Chew Bar tasted just like a Snickers bar. Yum! I really enjoyed their Advantage bars to give me a pick me up during the day. They were great when I was on the go and forgot to eat. I notice I tend to get involved in projects and then realize that lunch was supposed to be 2 hours ago. Now I'm starving and don't want to take time to make something healthy. These were great to eat then, and they were very satisfying. I didn't feel hungry a few minutes later like I usually do with normal granola bars, etc. I did notice that they tended to taste a little like a protein bar, so be prepared that it has a slightly different taste. I didn't mind it at all.
So do you want to win a variety of Bars from Atkins?
To enter:
- All you have to do is answer this question as either true or false (Hint: Visit Atkins.com for the answer!)
During the Pre-Maintenance and Lifetime Maintenance stages of the Atkins Diet, you can slowly increase the number of good carbs you consume each week as long as you are still losing weight.
For Extra Entries: (You must answer the first question for these to count!)
- Subscribe to this blog (1 extra entry)
- Add my button to your site (1 extra entry)
- Add me to your blogroll (1 extra entry)

True!
ReplyDeletefalse mverno@roadrunner.com
ReplyDeletetrue
ReplyDeleteyzgirl4[at]verizon[dot]net
subscribe
ReplyDeleteyzgirl4[at]verizon[dot]net
true
ReplyDeleteKawaiiNeko2008 at aol dot com
Atkins is terrible for you - educate yourselves and eat a piece of fruit for god sakes.
ReplyDeletefalse- you must stick to the program strickly during the first phase- i happen to love atkins, and it is the only way for me to lose weight and be healthy-
ReplyDeletetrue!
ReplyDeleteGood luck everyone!
winferris@yahoo.com
True! :) I am low-carb so I would looooooove to win these! Sound fab. Thanks so much.
ReplyDeleteshevilkenevil1 at aol dot com
I subscribe to your RSS via Yahoo reader.
ReplyDeleteTrue.
ReplyDeleteKellie
greenjello77@yahoo.com
True
ReplyDeletemsurosey@yahoo.com
True
ReplyDeleteTrue. Thanks so much and please enter me.
ReplyDeleteTrue!
ReplyDeleteTrue.
ReplyDeletemgoss@bobgoss.com
True
ReplyDeleteTrue!
ReplyDeleteYes, that is true!
ReplyDeletetrue
ReplyDeleteYes, true.
ReplyDeletetxgigggles@yahoo.com
actually a confusing statement - I've done Atkins before and yes, during pre-M until you reach equilibrium (no weight loss and gain) and then during M you eat your equilibrium unless something changes.
ReplyDeletetvollowtz at aol dot com
true.bill110@optonline.net
ReplyDeleteTrue
ReplyDeletehockiemack at hotmail.com
True!
ReplyDeleteFalse (not during pre-M)
ReplyDeletegkstratos@yahoo.com
true!! we've done atkins forever at our house!!
ReplyDeleteautumn398 (at) yahoo.com
true
ReplyDeleteThanx for the contest
False, that is what you do during the Pre-Maintenance Phase. It is here where you find your ACE (your weight won't fluctuate more then 2 or 3 pounds in either direction) and then you move on to the Lifetime Phase where you can stay within 5 pounds of your goal weight.
ReplyDeletetrue
ReplyDeleteI would have to say true. thanks
ReplyDeleteTrue True True, and from an Atkins dieter, I concur!
ReplyDeleteracheliznewman@gmail.com
True.
ReplyDeleteannabell_lee_dk (at) yahoo.com
True.
ReplyDeletektgonyea at gmail.com
True - thanks!
ReplyDelete1bmore @ gmail . com
It's true. Thanks for the chance to win!
ReplyDeletesueellison@hcecwildblue.com
FALSE
ReplyDeleteIn Pre-Maintenance Phase, you find your ACE, which is how many carbs you can eat, while maintaining your weight within a few pounds. This phase, you slowly add carbs to get this number.
During Lifetime Maintenance, you'll learn to stick the ACE you got in Pre-Maintenance phase and you should easily stay within 5 pounds of your goal weight. This phase you do not add more carbs, you stick to a designated amount (ACE).
sekrusty@sbcglobal.net
Thanks
Hi. Its TRUE.
ReplyDeletesylvieanddudes@yahoo.com
True!
ReplyDeleteTrue. Thanks for the giveaway.
ReplyDeletetrue thanks for the fabulous giveaway
ReplyDeleteTrue. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteYes,it's true.
ReplyDeletemelinda.s41@gmail.com
I guess there's a 50/50 chance. let's go with true.
ReplyDeleteThat is TRUE.
ReplyDeleteThe answer is true.
ReplyDeletejanetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com
Subscribed.
ReplyDeletejanetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com
true
ReplyDeleteTrue
ReplyDeleteTheresa N
weceno(at)yahoo(dot)com
True
ReplyDeleteJillianLVeit@msn.com
Its false.
ReplyDeleteclarkmurdock@yahoo.com
false. trinitygsd at yahoo dot com
ReplyDeleteTrue
ReplyDeletepkildow at gmail dot com
True! I've had great success with Atkins and I'm a member of the Atkins Community. The Atkins diet is easier to follow than ever with the new snack items available.
ReplyDeleteTrue.
ReplyDeletecharisscharity[at]yahoo[dot]com
Thanks
True
ReplyDeleteIt is true.
ReplyDeleteThe answer is true. Thank you.
ReplyDeletecandieluster(at)gmail(dot)com
I subscribed via a reader. Thank you.
ReplyDeletecandieluster(at)gmail(dot)com
TRUE!
ReplyDeletemommyhoodisthankless{AT}gmail.com
true
ReplyDeleteI think the statement is false. I love Atkins and use their products regularly.
ReplyDeleteTrue!
ReplyDeletethefatesarevicious at yahoo dot com
i have been on the akins diet and it works ,would like the snack bars
ReplyDeleteTrue Statement
ReplyDeleteI'm going to have to go with false.
ReplyDeleteFalse- you do increase them during the PM phase, but not the LM phase.
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog in google reader!
ReplyDeleteTRUEEEE
ReplyDeleteamwysoc@ilstu.edu
True :)
ReplyDeleteIt's true! skyxsky27(at)gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI subscribed to your posts and comments in a google reader.
ReplyDeleteButton - http://skyxsky27.blogspot.com/ skyxsky27(at)gmail.com
ReplyDeleteIt's true :)
ReplyDeletetrue masonsgranny59atyahoodotcom
ReplyDeleteFalse - only during Pre-Maintenance. Lifetime Maintenance is just that: maintenance. Thanks for the giveaway!
ReplyDeleteI subscribed to your rss feed. Thanks!
ReplyDeletetrue
ReplyDeletedonna444444@yahoo.com
I put your button om my blog.
ReplyDeletedonna444444@yahoo.com
I put your site on my blog roll.
ReplyDeletedonna444444@yahoo.com
False - you only do that during Pre-Maintenance. Once you get to Lifetime maintenance you should know what your number is and stick with it.
ReplyDeleteTrue.
ReplyDelete