Tuesday, December 9, 2008

HP Magic Giveaway


Hp has geared up with a lot of different bloggers (Techie Diva, Merlot Mom, and Moosh in Indy as a few) to give away an amazing electronics package worth over $6000. This prize package includes:

Now, if I won this contest, I would seriously cry. We need a new computer so badly. Ours was infected by something not that long ago, and while we got it removed, it just hasn't worked the same since. It freezes all the time, won't shut off at night, and is getting slower and slower. We are thinking about buying another computer for Christmas, but we can't really afford it. My husband has been looking at used warehouses and is even going to check out a government surplus store nearby. I spend a lot of time on the computer with my home business and blogging, so we can't really go without. I also have an 18 month old daughter who hates to be in a different room than me. Since we only have a desktop and it is in the kitchen, it's not a very safe place for her to play. If I had a notebook I could be in the same room as her, and still get some work done. That would take a ton of stress off of me. Then I could get more work done quicker and spend more time with her and my husband in the evenings.

I would keep the desktop and a notebook for us, but I would give the other notebook away to my sister. She is still using the laptop she was given as a graduation present from high school. She graduated over 10 years ago. She is a teacher and doesn't have a large budget. I think she deserves something better than a 10 year old laptop to use.

As for everything else, I would give them away to readers of my blog, and to other family and friends who are in need. We live in a small community with a lot of struggling families. I know how much having a computer has saved my sanity being a stay-at-home mom with no car. It is my contact to other adults. I know there are many other women out there who need this contact as well, and I would be so pleased to be able to help them.

To save money my family always buys second hand. I can only think of a handful of items in our house that we got new, most of those were gifts. I don't mind using second hand things, but I would love the opportunity to surprise my husband with this prize package. He works so hard to provide the necessities for us, that I want to show him that all that hard work can pay off. Thank you so much for the chance to win!


Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'm trying to win this too!

    I tagged you over on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!!!!! How wonderful is this! Me and my family could use some new computers and how great would this be if they got one under the tree, I think their faces would just be of joy!

    Thanks so much for the chance and hopefully I will win...
    Emmi

    perfectpunkin(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete