Monday, December 1, 2008

Walking Wings from UpSpring Baby


My daughter is almost 19 months old and still isn't walking. She lost a lot of weight when she was younger and has been behind in the gross motor skills development ever since. She didn't crawl till she was 11 months, and we think she is close to walking. She's getting braver everyday.

She loves to have people hold her hands and walk around though. The fact that I am 5'10, and my husband 6'3, it makes it hard to bend over to hold her hands to walk her around. We could only do it for so long before our backs start to really hurt.

I heard about Walking Wings from Up Spring Baby, and I knew I had to try them out. They are awesome. The harness design helps to secure the baby, and is nice and padded. I love how it helps my daughter learn to walk hands free. She always had to be holding someone's hand to walk before this. Now she is getting more secure with not holding onto something when she walks. Sometimes she'll still reach up and hold one of the straps to give her some more security.
They come in cute designs for both boys and girls. One thing that I didn't realize until now is that the straps detach, so you don't have to keep taking the harness on and off. We took this with us to my brother-in-law's house for Thanksgiving dinner, and my daughter was up and walking, then down crawling or playing, then up again. I just left the whole thing on her, but I noticed that the straps were kind of getting in her way. I thought, "It would be nice if they came off." Well, if I had looked at it, I would have realized that they do come off. But now I know for the future! :)

I definitely recommend Walking Wings to anyone who has a kid learning to walk. It will save your back, and help them gain more confidence. Also, visit UpSpring Baby for more great products for kids safety.

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. My children are way past this point but I wish I would have had these wings when my were little. What a novel idea. My oldest didn't start walking until she was 17 months. Everyone thought something but just thought she enjoyed being a baby and I enjoyed holding her as she was my first. She is 13 now and completely fine. So don't worry about her not walking or if she's behind in anything. She'll catch up when she's ready. Enjoy your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, thanks sooo much for telling me about this. I am in the same boat. My oldest just turned 19 months old and still isn't walking. He only likes to occasionally when holding our hands or pushing a toy. I wanna try these!

    ReplyDelete