Monday, December 1, 2008

My Daily Veggies

When I was contacted about trying My Daily Veggies, I jumped at the chance, because I know we don't get enough vegetables. I thought it would be interesting to try to drink more vegetables. I was impressed that they are all organic, made from real vegetable. The ingredient list is: Organic tomato, organic broccoli, organic spinach, organic kale, and organic carrots. That's it. No salt, no sugar, no preservatives.


Sounds great, right? It's a quick and easy way to get your vegetables for the day. Just add to warm water and drink. Now, I'm not a big drink person. I like water, but I don't drink tea or coffee, and I pretty much only drink hot chocolate or apple cider warm, so I was a little worried about trying this as a drink. I was excited when I learned that you can add this rice, soups, sauces, hamburger, etc. That's a quick and easy way to add some extra nutritional value to our meals. The first time I used it, I added it to rice, and I think it turned out really well. It made kind of a veggie sauce, and we ate the rice without adding anything else. We didn't have to add soy sauce, or any other kind of sauce, which made the rice much healthier for us.

I also added it to some spaghetti sauce when we had pasta later on, and we really enjoyed it. It did change the taste slightly, but it was still really good. Now, I did try it as a drink, and I didn't like it, but I love using it in food. Each packet gives you 2 servings of vegetables.

Here is how it's describes by Lane Labs, the distributors of My Daily Veggies:
My Daily Veggies is not a juice. It’s not a soup. It’s 100% dried whole vegetables from the green, red and orange-yellow food groups. You get the same fiber, the same vitamins, the same minerals, enzymes and phytonutrients as real fresh (or frozen) vegetables. The only things missing are the salt and sugar that many manufacturers add when they process foods. My Daily Veggies contains NO added salt, NO added sugar, NO preservatives.

I definitely recommend this to people looking for some ways to get in a few extra vegetables in their daily diet.

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment