Thursday, September 11, 2008

Nominations Going On!


I really haven't gotten involved in blog awards before,(maybe because I've only been blogging for a few weeks now!) but I thought this one was really fun. MomDot is doing nominations for their "Dottie Awards." From their site: "Twice a year we are going to be taking nominations for The Dottie Awards, where you can nominate a blog you love for one of these categories:"

Homecoming Queen

Drama Queen

Miss Congeniality

Band Geek

Teachers Pet

Class President

Captain of the Debate Team

Captain of the Cheerleading Squad

Class Clown

Biggest Nerd

Most Likely to Succeed

I think it's kind of fun, and if you know anyone you think needs to be nominated for any of these, *cough, cough* :) J/K! just go here to make your nomination.

A lot of you don't really know me yet, so let me tell you about myself! In high school I won "Most Likely to Succeed," but I think that's because they were too nice to say "Biggest Nerd!" (I was valedictorian) I think Bridgette from The Not So Blog, Blog has that one beat though! I was always Teachers Pet, (I couldn't help myself, I got along better with adults than I did kids), and my Dad's nickname for me in high school was "Band Geek," because I was in the colorguard. I was actually captain of the colorguard senior year, and assistant captain junior year. I was president of CSF (Honors society), but I never went to any of the school dances, except prom. (My junior year it was my first date ever, and a huge disaster! My Senior year I went stag! Mainly because I grew up outside of LA and most the people I went to school with were in gangs, and I didn't want to hang around them!) In college though, I actually minored in ballroom dance, and I've even performed at halftime at the homecoming game! Umm, let me see, what else about me do you want to know? I am super crafty, and I love to read. I'm pretty quiet until you get to know me, then I open up like crazy. OK, that's enough.

By the way, I did the graphics for the main picture, and some of the the little ones! Go nominate the blogs you think deserve to be nominated, and I really was kidding about the nominating me thing. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment