Thursday, February 19, 2009

So You Know That Toys "r" Us Deal?

For the buy one get 3 free that I posted about a few days ago? Well, they just canceled my order because of a "technical error" with the promotion. If they made a mistake, I think they should honor all the orders that were placed. They did take my money already. Apparently they do this all the time. I don't' know if I'll be going back to Toys "R" Us online. If they keep making mistakes in offering deals, and then backing out of them after they take my money, I don't think I want to shop with them.

Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. That really bites. How long did the promotion run before they finally caught it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really does stink. They definitely need to be more conscious of what deals they're posting or actually follow through on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AJ- I don't think it was that long- maybe half a day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Target did something like that to some friends of mine recently too. A super high end car seat was marked at about 75% off. A day later everyone who tried to get it got an email that pretty much said, whoops! Too bad for you! They have to honor mismarked merchandise IN the store, they should online too dangit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately, that's the way Toys R Us does their bad business. I don't think I'll be shopping online with them anymore. I'll probably have to call the 800 number just get my refund.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's ridiculous! If they wanted to fix the problem so that no new orders could be placed that is one thing, but I agree that they should have honored any orders that had already been placed.

    ReplyDelete