Saturday, February 14, 2009

Broccoli...Celery...Gotta Be...Veggie Tales!


Who doesn't love singing and dancing vegetables that are all about teaching good values?

I was first introduced to Veggie Tales in college in one of my classes where a girl sang the Cheeseburger Song. I didn't know at that point that it was from Veggie Tales. Then when I was dating my husband we watched the Ultimate Silly Song Movie, and I thought it was great. My mother-in-law had a bunch of the DVDs for her grandkids to watch, and they all loved them. The more I watch them, the more I like them.

For those of you who haven't been introduced to Veggie Tales yet, you're missing out on some good wholesome entertainment for the family. Basically the characters are different vegetables that teach a value of some kind using stories from the Bible or other stories, and do it in a fun way.

Thanks to the Family Review Network, I had the chance to view Veggie Tales: Abe & the Amazing Promise which helps teach Jr. Asparagus all about Patience. Bob the Tomato tells the story of Abraham and Sarah and their wait for a son that was promised to them. Then to help teach patience in a different way, there is the story of Blunders in Boo-Boo-Ville. This is where Larry the Cucumber plays an inventor that learns that it's better to take time to do things right than rush through just to get it done.

As always, my family really enjoyed this video. I love having a movie that I can enjoy with my kids. Sometimes kids media can be a little annoying. Not these movies! I don't think my daughter really understands them yet (she's not even 2) but my husband and I enjoy watching them so much that we will watch it without her! :) We definitely give Abe and the Amazing Promise a big thumbs up!

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment