Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bloggers Give- A Way to Give to Those in Need

Bloggers Give

I don't know if you've heard of this amazing program called Bloggers Give yet, so I had to share it with you. Basically Bloggers Give is a way that us bloggers can help out a charity. It's easy to participate. All you have to do is every time a company or PR company approaches us to do a review or giveaway, we are asking them to send one additional item to Bloggers Give.

Everything that is collected by Bloggers Give will be donated to a charity. The first charity they are working with is The Center for Corageous Kids. Here's a little more about them:

We are a unique Medical Camping Facility where children battling the most serious illnesses can attend, free of charge. We run two types of programs. In the summer, the ill child (ages 7-15) attends a week long session with other children suffering from the same illness. During the school year, we hold family weekends wherein the child attends with his/her family.

They are accepting ALL products. There is a list of specific items they could use, but they will take anything- it doesn't have to be on this list. This is a camp where families come, and these families need a little TLC. All items will go to the families and the kids. So that great bag you make- it would be perfect for a frazzled mom. Or that gorgeous baby onesie you make, might be perfect for a new sibling. They can use everything- new and used! So even if you have some things yourself you'd like to donate- they will take it!

What do you get out of participating? If you need more than the pride of helping out, here's a list of all the perks of participating in Bloggers Give.

I want to encourage all of you to participate in Bloggers Give- bloggers and companies alike. I have already had a few companies agree to send products to them, and for that I am truly grateful. If you would like more information, please feel free to contact me! I'd love to help point you in the right direction. If you are a company or PR rep, I want to encourage you to try to beat this donation by Nature's Products. It's a win-win situation for everyone!

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment