
I've been thinking a lot about leaving comments on blogs lately. Most people I know love to have comments. It makes them feel like someone is reading. I hate when I write a post, and no one comments. Does that mean no one read it? Or does it mean I completely sucked, and no one wants to say anything? Are comments what make a blog successful?
Well, I'm apparently not the only person thinking about this. Jenna at For the Love Of Baby wrote a whole post yesterday challenging everyone to visit at least 10 blogs yesterday and leave a comment!
It's also nice to get comments so you feel like you are interacting with other people. Blogging can be lonely, like Trisha from MomDot said in this post. I have to agree with her. I love the personal interaction I get from people leaving comments on my blog, and then having me comment back. It actually feels like I'm talking to someone! Being a SAHM who lives out in the middle of nowhere, and having no access to a car during the day, I got into blogging as a way to connect with other adults.
I think everyone out there wants feedback. They want to know that they're not just talking to themselves! So, like Jenna, I want to challenge you to visit 10 new blogs and leave comments on them! Here's a small list of some you could visit:
The Diaries of a Poshpreneur
Punnybop
The Mud Bug
The Blog of Finleypotamus and His Little Kierbear
3 Garnets and 2 Sapphires
A Blog of Goodies
Petit
What Mommies Need
Mom Tips and Notes from the Zoo
Thoughts from the Toilet Bowl
Nothing But Purple
MomDot
For the Love of Baby
Blessings Abound
The Story of a Princess and Her Hair
My Trendy Tykes
Natural Parenting
A Little Bit Nutty
3 Kids and Us
Last Shreds of Sanity
Our Life in Words
Jamerican Spice
Musings of a Barefoot Foodie
Angie's Everything Blog
A Day in My Life
Hillbilly Scraps from a Hillbilly Sweatpea
Small Slice
What's That Smell?
The MomBuzz
Keeper of the Cheerios
Playdate Picks
Life in a House of Blue
A Kindred Spirit's Thoughts
Punnybop
The Mud Bug
The Blog of Finleypotamus and His Little Kierbear
3 Garnets and 2 Sapphires
A Blog of Goodies
Petit
What Mommies Need
Mom Tips and Notes from the Zoo
Thoughts from the Toilet Bowl
Nothing But Purple
MomDot
For the Love of Baby
Blessings Abound
The Story of a Princess and Her Hair
My Trendy Tykes
Natural Parenting
A Little Bit Nutty
3 Kids and Us
Last Shreds of Sanity
Our Life in Words
Jamerican Spice
Musings of a Barefoot Foodie
Angie's Everything Blog
A Day in My Life
Hillbilly Scraps from a Hillbilly Sweatpea
Small Slice
What's That Smell?
The MomBuzz
Keeper of the Cheerios
Playdate Picks
Life in a House of Blue
A Kindred Spirit's Thoughts

Amen girl! It's funny I was thinking of this for the topic of my next blog myself. On Wednesday I spent a good chunk of my son's nap time going to people's blogs that had also linked to Wordless Wednesday and commenting on as many as I had time for! Because I didn't want to be one of those that complains about posting and getting no comments and then at the same time doesn't comment myself! That would be wrong.
ReplyDeleteThe result was about a third of the people responded in kind. Not bad.
I too am a SAHM and am surrounded by friends that are not moms at all. I'm the first of my "kind" in our circle of friends - and so I'm one of the only ones that does stay home. I have found the blogging world WONDERFUL to be able to converse and read interesting thoughts.
So well put - it's my goal today to get throught that list you've provided and read and comment :) Thanks for the challenge! Happy Thursday!
hello, i know exactly what you mean when nobody comments, but being a stay at home mom now it seems to make me feel better if im at least writing even if nobody looks at it
ReplyDeletehave a great day! i might try looking at 10 blogs a commenting on them all
I did Jennas challenge yesterday. Off to try your today! And thanks for linky loooooooove.
ReplyDeleteAWW thanks for adding me to the list!! :) Made my day!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for adding me to the list! :) Glad to know I'm thought of.
ReplyDeleteWow Trisha! You hit both of mine?! I'm honored. Kind of needed even this little shout out today as the Mom Dot funk (the cold and flu version) seems to have finally found me today. Thank you for the support and friendship.
ReplyDeleteThanks Trisha!
ReplyDeleteThis has been on my mind also. After being home all day with the kids...wait all week. You heard me I leave once a week. I crave some adult conversation.
Trisha thank you so much for adding Petit on the list and commenting on our blog!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for adding me. I have been finding all sorts of great blog posts the last couple days and commenting thanks to y'all's suggestions.
ReplyDeleteThat's so sweet of you Trisha. I'm gonna go through the list now.
ReplyDeleteThank you for putting me on the list. I appreciate it!
ReplyDeleteI totally get how you feel as well, I do try to go around and comment on different blogs daily because I feel like I need to comment to receive comments LOL. What a good idea to post some blogs to go visit I may do this very thing sometime this week ;0)
ReplyDelete