Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Now, Where's the __________ Part 2

*Don't forget to read part 1 of this post just below!*

I am terrible at putting things away. Lots of things don't have a place, so they kind of end up everywhere. I've started buying baskets and making them a "random" place to put all the random things, but that hasn't helped a ton. It doesn't help that my husband won't put away anything that isn't "his," or our daughter's toys. Everything else he considers "mine," and won't touch. Even my daughter's clothes. Those are my responsibility to put away apparently. After being married for a little while we figured out that he hates to put away dishes, which I hate to do them, so we came up with the plan that he will do them, and I will put them away. Well, now it takes about 3 or 4 days for him to get around to doing them, and I refuse to do it, because then he wouldn't even bother.

The longer we've been married, the more he has digressed in his helping habits. When we were first married, he told me to get out of the laundry room because that was "no place for a women to be." I was thrilled to hear that. Well, now he still does laundry, but usually only when he's out of something. The other day he was doing laundry and he threw his jeans in with our daughter's clothes. Some of them white and light colored, mind you, with his jeans being dark jeans. After it was done, I asked him why he would do that, and he said, "They're only baby clothes." I showed him the stains they put on her clothes, and he said to simply wash them again. I asked if he would ever put his white shirts in with his jeans and he said, "No of course not." He didn't have an answer to why he would with hers. I think he's started to act dumb so he can get out of doing things. I won't let him, though! I can't do it all!

So now I'm at the point where I want to do it, but don't know where to start. I think I need to make a list saying "Monday, do laundry. Tuesday, clean kitchen. Wednesday, vacuum", etc. And I need to get everything put away, because it's a lot easier to keep a house clean that is already organized. I want to hear your ideas of how you keep your place organized. What tips do you have for me?

1 comment:

  1. I have a schedule, but my house is usually still in disaray. As long as it's not dirty, I'm never ashamed to have people over. My theory is that WE DO LIVE HERE!! I volunteer to teach a 4 & 5 year old religion class. I homeschool our daughter. My hubby is in the Army and always busy, so when he's home, I prefer family time.

    I couldn't live without a routine though!!

    ReplyDelete