Monday, August 18, 2008

The Joys of Redbox


Have you discovered the joys of Redbox yet? I have. In fact, this is pretty much how my family gets to see any new releases. We don't get a chance to go out to many movies anymore, due to having to find a babysitter. We usually ask family, but we don't like to do that all the time, so we rent from Redbox.

Redbox is a DVD rental kiosk that is found in most McDonalds, and lots of grocery stores. To find one near you, go to http://www.redbox.com/. It costs $1 a night ($1.06 with tax for here in Utah) and you keep if for however many nights you want. They will automatically charge your card for each night. If you keep it for more than 25 nights, it's yours to keep. You do have to have a credit/debit card to use, however.

I love it because it has a lot of new releases, with new movies every Tuesday. This way we get to see the latest movies, but don't have to spend a bundle. I usually don't need to keep a movie for more than one night anyways. We have one at the gas station that is right by our place, so I can walk there with my daughter, and it is super easy to return them, and to rent them.

Now, for the best part, every Monday Redbox sends out a free code that is good for one free movie rental per card. This means if you have 3 credit/debit cards, you can get 3 free movies. All you do is type in the promo code before you check out. The code is only good until midnight the Monday it is issued. We do this every Monday, and I can't remember the last time we've paid for a movie. In August, they are also doing a free code every Wednesday as well.

How do you get these free codes? Well, you can sign up for text messages to be sent to your phone at http://www.redbox.com/, or check other websites that list them. My favorite is http://www.insideredbox.com/. They also have a list of other free codes that are good in specific places, and last more than just one night.

Today's free code is 65QM89. Check back on Wednesday for the free code!

6 comments:

  1. Those are cool. My hubby worked for the company that does the "guts" of the machines! Very interesting and a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love this. We have a machine at the grocery store near us. We get the promo codes every Monday and get the free movies. I didn't know the machines were in McDonalds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed by all you do and keep track of Trish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip! I'm glad I stopped in for a visit at just the right time. :)

    (visiting from MBC)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They started out big here at McDonalds, then started spreading to grocery stores like Albertsons and Smiths, now a lot of the WalMarts around here have them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is the code good for just one night or for longer?

    ReplyDelete