Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Magic of Macy's at Christmas

In 1897, a little girl named Virginia wrote a letter to the editor of the New York Sun to ask if Santa really existed. This was his response:



This holiday season, Macy’s is asking America to Believe. Macy’s wants everyone - from the most enthusiastic to the most cynical- to Believe in and embrace the holiday spirit of love and charity.

Writing letters to Santa Claus is an age-old Christmas tradition for children all over the world. Macy’s is collecting these letters in a special Santa letterbox at all Macy’s stores. For each letter received, Macy’s will donate $1 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. The Believe Meter will measure America’s belief, based on our collective spirit – including the amount of letters received and other current events that reflect the season’s generosity.




So please, everyone, let's help make some dreams come true for some deserving little children. It doesn't take very much effort on your part. Just a letter. Let's try to keep that holiday spirit of love and charity alive. I believe, do you? For more information, check out the Macy's Believe site.


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I am going to head over to that site later on tonight!
    I BELIEVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Cause. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete