
Sponsors: Day Four Blog Party Question is Brought to you by Bottlewise and Glow Mama.
What is your favorite Holiday recipe?
I don't really have a favorite holiday recipe. We have to have sugar cookies though, or it's not a holiday. I love pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, and for Christmas we love to make fudge or toffee, or caramel. That's probably the things I like to eat most during the holidays.
Describe your Holiday table.
We don't do anything fancy. For Thanksgiving we put all the kids in the kitchen and all the adults on a couple of folding tables in the living room. We do use the nicer dishes, and we drink from goblets. For Christmas we use the nicer dishes too, but there's no table decorations. There's no room for them! Oh, and we tend to use cloth napkins as well.
What is your biggest Holiday cooking disaster?
I'm not usually the one doing the cooking, so I don't really have any disasters. I think the worst was last year we went to my parents for Thanksgiving, and I wanted to make them my sil's recipe for rolls, which are really yummy. Well, I made them, let them rise one, pushed them down, and they didn't rise again. I left them out all night to see if they would rise, and they never did. When I cooked them, they seemed to have a slightly sourdough taste, because I'd left them out all night! Maybe I'll be brave and try them again this year and see if they work out.
































Good luck with the roll recipe this year!
ReplyDeleteBetter luck this year!! Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteI hate it when bread doesn't rise. I gave up on trying things like that.
ReplyDeleteI don't know why, but rolls always fail for me... I'm better at the can of rolls. (most of the time anyway!)
ReplyDeleteSorry the rolls didn't work out. Unless it comes out of my breadmaker, I can't get bread to rise either.
ReplyDeleteYou want my recipe for a fool proof bread? Go to the bakery and buy it!
ReplyDeleteHA HA HA
Works for me every time!
Ü
When we ate at my uncle's we had the kid table. I remember the honor of moving up to the grown up one. Now that I'm in my 30's I find myself drifting back to the old one lol. Here's My Day 4!
ReplyDeleteI'm awful at making any type of bread. It never turns out. I hope yours goes better this year.
ReplyDeletei've never tried rolls. i'm a little scared to!
ReplyDeleteI hate when rolls have sag. Maybe it was old yeast. :)
ReplyDeleteI thought i already left you a comment on this day...well I'm really far behind
ReplyDelete