One of my favorite sayings?
I'll walk when I'm good and ready!
How perfect is that for my almost 2 year old that isn't walking yet? Or there's one that says Back off, I'm teething! or Not Sleeping Through the Night. Check out all their other sayings to get a good laugh.

We had a chance to try out a shirt that said, "Sharing is Over-Rated." The few times I put this on my daughter, we got so many comments, you wouldn't believe it! This is by far, one of my favorite shirts now. I just can't help myself. Especially since my daughter is an only child and has a hard time sharing. This is what I'll put her in every time we have a playdate, so when she starts to not share, I can just smile and say, "Her shirt says it all!"
Honest Baby sells more than just shirts though. They also sell Melissa and Doug toys. Besides a store, they are also a great community! "Honest Baby is a place where it’s okay to tell your real stories, the good and the bad, without being judged. Where parents can admit they’re just giving it their best shot. Because truly that’s all that we can really do." Be sure to check them out!
Want to win your own shirt? It's easy!
To enter:
- Share with us your most imperfect parenting moment. Honest Baby will pick the winner and share your story on their site! That's it. Simply tell us your story.
Contest will end March 4th at 11:59pm MT. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me.
Honest Baby is a Playdate Pick!
































OOOH! I wish I could enter. I have a FABULOUS awful mommy moment. LMAO. Oh well - now you will never know. Anyways, love this PlayDate Pick and your review. Rock on.
ReplyDeleteHmmm...my worst mommy moment...I can only pick one?
ReplyDeleteI guess it would have to be when my youngest was a small baby. I decided one day that it would be a great idea to take all 3 of my kids to Denny's for a fun breakfast. LOL! Yeah, not such a great idea considering that I was alone. So right when our food got to our table I smelled something funny, I went to grab the baby out of her pumpkin (car) seat and see if she was dirty. But before I could even get her out I realized that there was something all over my hand. Ahhh....YUCK! My hand was COVERED in poop!
My kids wanted to eat their food since it was just set in front of them but since my son has a huge gag reflex he started dry heaving. I grabbed all 3 of the kids and tried my best to get to the restroom before anyone saw what was going on or got sick and to change the baby. I didn't have my diaper bag with me...mommy brain caught up to me and I forgot it at home.So I had no diapers, no wipes and no extra clothes! I ran to my car with a dirty, 1/2 dressed baby and my two other kids and all I had with me was one of my son's pull-ups so I had to put that on her.(she was about 3 months old at the time so you can imagine how big it was on her.)
When we finally got back to the table and see that not only was our food cold but everyone that *had* been sitting by us had either moved tables or was gone. I was sooooo embarrassed! :( After that I always made sure that I had the diaper bag with me full of diapers, wipes AND extra clothes! Needless to say too we never went back to that Denny's!
I love thier Einstein one! lol That's what we always say about my youngest b/c she still doesn't talk!
ReplyDeleteI love the one "back off, I'm teething." Anytime my 13 month old is cranky, that's what I blame it on, lol.
ReplyDeleteAs for a non-perfect parent moment - I used to work nights. It was before I had my 2nd. I would come home from work and get maybe an hour or two of sleep. This basically meant I was a walking zombie. I remember dozing off on the couch and giving my two year old at the time a box of cereal and turning on a cartoon for him to watch. 10 minutes later, I woke up and noticed something all over Chandler's face. He was saying...."mmmmm....lemmy! (Yummy) He had gotten into a box of chocolates that I had bought the day before and had eaten more than half of them. There were about 30 in the box to begin with. Needless to say he had an upset tummy the next few hours and I felt awful. I know he enjoyed it at the time though...lol. Word to the wise - don't fall asleep with your two year old roaming your apartment!
My most imperfect parenting moment...I gave my 10 month old egg whites. He broke out in hives instantly and started scratching out of control. They went away shortly but, I still felt like the worst mother ever! Who knew babies couldn't have egg whites???
ReplyDeletei missed my sons first little league due to a work conflict he really wanted me there mverno@roadrunner.com
ReplyDeletemy most imperfect was underestimating the peep and poop of a child and did not bring enough diapers and had to shake it out and blow dri it- hey I was a new mom...and now I know load the purse..backpockets and all
ReplyDeleteI am a subscriber.Please enter me in this contest.
ReplyDeletelinmoe@sympatico.ca
oh, there are so many to choose from!! lol
ReplyDeleteWell, our house caught on fire
I got up and dialed 911
and asked the person on the other end to please have the fire engines not turn on their sirens as I had my daughter and a friend sleeping!!
I still can't believe I said that to this day!
Thanks
nancyrobster@gmail.com
Imperfect parent moment? Moi? Actually there have been many, LOL, like the time I changed the diaper in the middle of the night and was so tired I forgot to put on the new one before I put the pajamas back on. The baby was soaking wet in the morning. Sigh, we all have our moments
ReplyDeleteThe most recent thing I did: I'm a teacher so my daughter and I ride to school together each morning. When I park, I go into the high school and she goes to the elementary school. Recently, I got out and after getting my things out of the trunk, locked the door and went on in. The problem? She decided to sit there and play her DS so I locked her in the car. When she tried to get out, the alarm went off. She didn't know what to do so she sat there and cried. I felt awful.
ReplyDeleteThe first time my baby projectile vomited on my husband was awesome, I heard him gag and scream from another room. I imagine a shirt that said "contents under pressure, do not shake" would be appropriate. My husband wasn't shakin him but he did burp him in just the wrong way!
ReplyDeleteMy daughter was about four or so and she got into some trouble for being grumpy so I sent her to her room to take a nap. Well I fell asleep on the couch and woke up to the phone ringing. It was the 911 Call Center wanting to know if we had an emergency. Of course I said "No, why would you think that?" He then preceeded to tell me that a little girl had called 911 from my house. About that time my daughter came walking down the hallway with the cordless telephone with an "Oh, crap!" look on her face. I then told the guy from the 911 Call Center that "We didn't have an emergency before but we may now." Still can't believe I said that. The reason for the call was that my daughter was mad at me and 911 was three of last four numbers in my mother-in-laws phone number and she was calling grandma to tell on me for sending her to her room for a nap.
ReplyDeleteI'm not a parent - I'd be winning this for my sister!
ReplyDeleteCassie
cjm92995@yahoo.com
Okay, this is really bad and I am embarrassed to even admit it, but here it goes...I was in the same boat as you, so very tired. I was meeting my in laws for lunch and I put my three month old in her car seat and had her all secure, ready to go. My two and a half year old climbed into her car seat and was ready to be buckled in. Well, I jumped in the car, started it and took off. We got to the end of our street and my daughter started screaming, "Mommy stop!" I asked her what was wrong because she usually says that when we pass a park, McDonald's or the mall. That is when I realized, Oops! I felt horrible, like the worst mommy ever, but was so happy she let me know!
ReplyDeleteyzgirl4[at]verizon[dot]net
Most Imperfect Parenting moment was when I gae my 4 month old Prunes and then we decided to go grocery shopping. So we're at the store and I hear my daughter go potty, YES HEAR IT! So I run to the restroom to discover that I DIDN'T HAVE ANY DIAPERS! OMG, so Fiance hurried up and Rang everything up, and we go home... Well it was a total blow out... I put 10 diapers in the diaper bag that day, and Never gave her prunes again. Even now that she's 22 months old, I still have 3 diapers in my purse! I hope that never happens to any mother!! Thanks
ReplyDeletehmahan_0529 @ yahoo dot com
my mom uses coupons :)masonsgranny59atyahoodotcom
ReplyDeleteI have been wanting the "I'll Walk When I'm Ready" t-shirt soooo bad!
ReplyDeleteI have several imperfect parenting moments. The one that really sticks with me is when my oldest was a small baby we went to visit my in-laws (his grandparents) out of town. When we got there everyone was hungry and in a hurry so I quickly changed him and packed a bag and we headed to the restaurant. It was time for him to eat so I went into his diaper bag to get his alraedy prepared bottle and it wasn't there! I had left it on the counter at home. I was sooo embarrassed. My in-laws kept saying, "Poor baby, he's so hungry" and trying to feed him real food (which I put my foot down on since he was a newborn!). I felt like a horrible horrible mother! To top it off, the next time I saw them I had packed like 12 diapers for a day trip and my MIL changed his diapers so many times that we ran out. A family member went and begged some off a neighbor and said I forgot diapers. I had packed 12. Now I pack enough formula and diapers for a year for my kids even if I go to the store. :)
shannipooh (at) gmail (dot) com
Oh boo I just saw the contest is over.
ReplyDelete