Friday, January 2, 2009

5 Easy Steps to Loose Weight


Since most people have a New Years resolution to loose weight, I thought I'd share my tips that don't require any extra effort. They are a part of my everyday life, and I can't avoid them.

  • First, make sure you buy a two story house that only has one bathroom, with that bathroom being upstairs. This is extremely helpful when you are pregnant and have to pee every five minutes, so you walk up and down lots of stairs.

  • Next, make sure that you spend most of your day downstairs on the main floor, or even better, in the basement. Then if you are in the basement and are hungry, you have to walk up the stairs to get food, or walk up two flights of stairs to use the bathroom.

  • It's also very helpful to have a baby that can't stand being in a different room than you, so you have to carry them around. Oh, and it helps if the kid is a little on the chunky side. Towing around a 25 lb kid everywhere really works those muscles! It also helps if they don't like to crawl or walk, so you do have to carry them everywhere, especially up those stairs when you have to use the bathroom.

  • Next, make sure your laundry is always upstairs in the bedrooms. Then you have to collect the laundry, then walk down two flights of stairs to get to the washing machine, then cart the clothes back up two floors to get them back to the bedrooms. Want to burn a few more calories? Add your kid to this mix, and you'll end up carrying that extra weight as well.

  • Last, make sure you only have one car, so any errands that have to be done, you have to walk to. This is great in winter when there's snow and ice on the ground, and you are trying to push a stroller through all of this. You really start to feel the burn after only a few seconds. It's also quite the balancing act trying not to slip on the ice.
Well, I hope these five tips can help you on your road to weight loss. I know I get my workout everyday following these easy steps, and I know you can too if you incorporate them into your everyday life. :) LOL!


Share/Save/Bookmark

11 comments:

  1. Awesome! If only this would also tighten my abs from the post-baby belly sag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if you've gotten to this point yet but eventually you only get to eat the leftovers from their toddler plates. That seriously cuts down on the calorie comsumption so the activity really gets to burn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, Sarah, that's a good one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and if you live in the 3rd floor apt and have a graco safe seat with a 20lb baby in it you get a workout just going in and out of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deirdre- That's a good one too.
    "Buy the heaviest car seat available, and make sure you have to cart them up and down stairs many, many times a day!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully we'll have a 2 story home in the next couple of years, right now we're stuck in a ranch. But those are great tips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't had to push a stroller on the ice, thankfully! lol Great and funny tips! I do want a two-story house... now I have good reasons. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I was laughing at your first tip. I can SO totally relate!!

    ReplyDelete