Monday, September 29, 2008

Fun Things to Do with Pumpkins

Sticking with my Halloween theme, I've found some fun ideas of things you can do with pumpkins.

Andrea wrote an article on MomDot about a lot of different things you can do. My favorite is these white ghost pumpkins. Aren't they adorable?


If you are looking for something to do besides carving pumpkins, check out this great tutorial from The R Family Diaries of how to make a ribbon pumpkin. They also have links to other pumpkins that have been done using this tutorial.

Here's a unique idea from the FeeFiFoto Blog about how to freeze dry pumpkins.

Or maybe you are looking for some fun patterns to create the perfect pumpkin, with something different than the usual jack 'o' lantern face. Jack-o-lantern.com has a ton of different free patterns you can use. I also found some fun patterns at Dot Com Women, including this great owl pattern.

Do you have any fun ideas of things to do with pumpkins? Let me know! Also, don't forget to enter all my Halloween themed giveaways going on. The Reflective Trick-or-Treat bag ends later on tonight, so get your entries in!

There are more Halloween giveaways going on over at The Not-So-Blog Blog and Momma Findings.

Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. I love all of these ideas and plan on putting them to good use. I got a little giddy the other night and volunteered to host my mommy group's Halloween party at my house.

    Time to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping to go to the pumpkin patch with my daughter in a few weeks. Hopefully she'll pick out a nice pumpkin this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those white ones look awesome.

    Btw, you have been tagged. Visit my site to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the white pumpkins! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trisha,
    Love this post with great idea for creative Halloween decor!
    You asked about my Savvy Source widget and unfortuntely they suspended distributing the widgets for a while. Apparently they have met their quota for the time being. They anticipate opening it up again so you may get a chance. I'll keep your address and let you know if I find anything out.
    HTH

    ReplyDelete