Friday, May 1, 2009

Hallmark Cards


Everyone remember how I went to Hallmark at the beginning of April? Well, they were nice enough to sponsor a giveaway for all of you!

They have re-designed their $.99 cards to make them more up to date and I think they are great! I know times are tough for a lot of people, so they can't spend a lot of money, but for under $1, these are a great alternative.

While at Hallmark I had the chance to be a part of a focus group for some of their new cards. I'm not allowed to talk about the specifics, but let me just say that these were hilarious and awesome cards, and some of them were only $.99! You can't beat that!

Hallmark also has some great musical and recordable cards. My sister has sent me a Little Mermaid musical card the past two years for my birthday, and I love them. My daughter thinks they are great too. Well, their new recordable cards take this a step further and not only have music, but they allow you to record your own message. This is great for people who live far away from you. I love this idea for my parents who live a few states away and don't get to see my daughter, their only grandchild, very often. They love to hear her talk, and so this would be perfect for them.

I received a few of the recordable cards to try out, and I can tell you that it is super easy to do. You pull out a tab, press a button, and after the beep record what you want, and if you mess up, you can re-record it! That's it. The instructions are right on the card too.

What's really cool is they have cards that you can not only personalize with voice, but you can also add your own picture to them to make them one of a kind photo cards.

Hallmark has been around for such a long time, you know you can trust their quality of cards. There are a lot of behind the scene work that goes on before a card is made. I only saw a small portion of it, but wow, there's a lot more than I realized. They do their best to make sure they uphold their reputation.

(Please note that I am not saying this because Hallmark sent me on a trip. These are my honest opinions and they have not been bought!)

Well, Hallmark has agreed to giveaway a card package to one of you viewers!
The winner will receive two of Hallmark’s Mother’s Day Recordable Cards with Music; two Hallmark Recordable Cards with Music for Father’s Day, and four of the newly-redesigned 99-cent cards.

Since they want to make sure to get these cards to you before Mother's Day, I will be holding a live contest for these!

To enter, tell me if you still send cards to people or not.

Once you tell me that, you may enter as many times as you want. BUT, you must leave a full sentence. I don't care if it's punctually correct. You just can't say LOL! and try to make that count.

Since last time we got to 153 in like 30 minutes, I'm going to make it a little longer and say the first person to get to comment 521 wins. Hehehe!

Ready, go!

Share/Save/Bookmark

531 comments:

  1. I send a few cards to family who are older and don't use the computer so they don't get email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do still send cards, just seems more personal than an e-card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for people joining in! Hi ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That said, since the twins were born I'm really disorganized and will send e-cards if I'm short on time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish my Glam Family banner would center on my page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Kim, that's what sucks about doing it this way. But I need to get a winner for these soon, so figured a live would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh me too Kim, my computer is crawling. I need a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so bad about sending cards. I usually just don't bother. I should though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can't enter your own contest Trisha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, we need to get more people over here. I just tweeted. Maybe more will show up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not entering. I'm just chatting! If you want me to go away, I will. (Well, maybe not cuz this is my site.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Trish, thanks for giving me something to do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes , I still send cards to family members that dont use the computer !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not whine...we have enough of that. WINE!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! I just put a card in the mail today. I do try to send cards. And I LOVE getting them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't go away! I'll go tweet about this and see if anyone comes over.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nope, don't leave, just making sure you understand the rules LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sarah! Now if only we had more people here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. And if my stupid browser would stop crashing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gotta go put Abby to bed. I'll be back. She is CRABBY!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I swear, since I updated to the newest version of FF it has started crashing on me 2-3 times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I probably should have eaten dinner before I started this. Maybe I'll hurry and go make something up and then come back.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We haven't done dinner here yet either - but it's only 5:45 PT.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yeah, that would make a difference. It's only 6:45 here MT

    ReplyDelete
  25. So I just realized my daughter turns 2 in 10 days. Yeah, we have nothing planned.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I better get going on that.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I was the same way about my son's 2nd birthday. Just couldn't seem to get it organized.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm ashamed to admit that my son's 3 year birthday party was almost a month late because I kept procrastinating. We did have a small family party on the actual day.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My twins are my excuse for everything right now, don't know what I'll do when I can't get away with that anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yup! I make sure I pick out cards for people!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'll be back as much as I can, Aubrey is NOT a nice baby! I think it's that fourth tooth trying to come through that just has her a little butt. Poor baby girl

    ReplyDelete
  32. Im so excited about getting my new blog design !

    ReplyDelete
  33. Teething bites, seriously. My twins are just starting. I think it's going to be a long road.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Trisha, I know what you mean about the birthday thing ! My son is going to be 10 on tuesday and I still havent got to the city to buy him a bike

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm looking forward to seeing it Lisa, when do you think it will be up?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sarah, how old are your twins? I swear my little one chews on everything but she's 5 months and I don't see anything going on.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yes I do still send cards in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is the first time I have ever done an entry into a contest this way!

    ReplyDelete
  39. They will be 8 months on Monday. My first was like that, started chewing young but it was a while before he finally popped a tooth through.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Live contests are fun! I have yet to win one though.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Yeah, I was very confused on my first live too. But they are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  42. The bad thing about teething is it never seems to stop! My daughter is almost 2 and is now getting her top 2 2 year molars. She already has the bottom two

    ReplyDelete
  43. I feel for you moms that deal with cranky babies when they are teething. All my babies I didnt even notice that they had teeth tell I seen or felt them

    ReplyDelete
  44. Then we should get a nice little break from teething, but holy cow, it's a pain when it's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hylands teething tablets are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I send cards when I can remember. I'm really bad about forgetting. I bought my Dad the funniest card for his birthday but lost it. So I called him and told him all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  47. So I wonder how much my Alexa is going to change. The last life I did brought it way down. Right now it's at 331,507. I;m still trying to get back to what it was before I switched my domain.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Ugh, 2 year molars. Jack doesn't have his yet and he's 28 months. He didn't get his first tooth until 8 months so I think we have a few months until the baby gets her first.

    ReplyDelete
  49. my responses after this one are going to show up as stitchblade...it's my google name.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Haha AJ! That is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Dear god. My Alexa is HORRIBLE. I can't help but get jealous when I hear other people's stats.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I felt so bad when my daughter got her first tooth. She was 6 months old, and she had been drooling and acting like she was teething since 3 months, so I didn't think anything of it. We were on vacation and she was super super cranky and fussy. Then I looked in her mouth and there was a tooth. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  53. it was a pain typing the http and all that in to log in the other one

    ReplyDelete
  54. All you need to do to get your Alexa lower is get people who have the toolbar to visit your site. Even you refreshing your page over and over counts if you have the toolbar installed.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I have mine set as my homepage. It helps!

    ReplyDelete
  56. wow we are no where even close!

    ReplyDelete
  57. @Stitchblade

    Glad you figured out an easier way!

    ReplyDelete
  58. LOL - I was just about to ask if anyone had used Hyland's Teething Tablets. I've heard good things about them.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Nope, that's why we need more people here! LOL! Everyone go twitter and pull people in!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Trisha, thanks for the advice earlier..I sent you another PM with good news!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Sarah, I love all the hylands stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Aubrey's little mouth is covered in Baby Orajel. She's had Hyland's Teething Tablets AND Tylenol. :(

    ReplyDelete
  63. Sarah, It didn't seem to make a difference for my daughter. Motrin in the only thing that worked for us. But I know others rave about them, so it either works or doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I'm totally clueless on the Alexa thing. Guess I better go download the toolbar!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I absolutely still mail cards out! Its much more personal than some email!

    ReplyDelete
  66. @stitchblade

    Yay! Glad it worked out. I know she is super busy too right now so things are a little hectic for her.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Thanks for the Alexa toolbar tip. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Hi Lori! Hey I got one person to come!

    ReplyDelete
  69. We love Hylands tablets here! They work great!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Yes! Go download the Alexa toolbar. Then it helps your alexa rating since you visit your site, and it helps everyone else's site as well.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Hi Brandy! Thanks for coming to get me!

    ReplyDelete
  72. So where is everyone from? I'm in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  73. I have two birthday parties to plan this month, one next month and one the month after.

    ReplyDelete
  74. My daughter gets the Hylands teething tablets & baby Tylenol and Baby Orajel before bed. She's getting her last 4 teeth and she is vicious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  75. I'm in Texas as well, Houston to be exact

    ReplyDelete
  76. You can download the Alexa toolbar here: http://www.alexa.com/toolbar/

    ReplyDelete
  77. Have you ever tried it without the orajel? Just the tylenol and the hylands?

    ReplyDelete
  78. Whats the weather like where you guys are?

    ReplyDelete
  79. Orajel always made my girls MAD, they hated it.

    ReplyDelete
  80. We tried Orajel, and the Hylands and they did nothing. So I'd alternate Tylenol and Motrin and made sure she always got Motrin at night, and that is the only thing that seemed to work.

    ReplyDelete
  81. It's been rainy! How's the swine flu down there?

    ReplyDelete
  82. Yep, my kids dont like orajel either!

    ReplyDelete
  83. I'm in Utah, and it's cloudy with a chance of rain

    ReplyDelete
  84. Swine Flu is closing schools left and right here!

    ReplyDelete
  85. We have 5 cases of swine flu here, but luckily none super close to us.

    ReplyDelete
  86. We were just doing the Hylands and the Tylenol but she was still miserable so we just added the Orajel a couple of days ago. Tonight I didn't give it to her, just the others cause I need help (she bit me last time I did it myself) and DH was busy and she's in there chattering away happily so she must not need it.

    ReplyDelete
  87. I was very tempted to write Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Anyone remember that book?

    ReplyDelete
  88. Abby doesn't like when we apply the Orajel and she like some ice water right after but then she is SUPER HAPPY until she falls asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  89. FOrt worth closed schools, Dallas, Denton (where we live) and Plano so far that I know of.

    ReplyDelete
  90. That's interesting Kim. I never would have thought of giving ice water after orajel

    ReplyDelete
  91. I think I am fixing to get kicked off of MY computer...that male person is hovering!

    ReplyDelete
  92. If my comments don't make sense it's because my computer is loading really slow for some reason. Yuck! So it's taking me forever. I need a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  93. There is a computer on his desk, but he wants mine!

    ReplyDelete
  94. The kids up in Park City are mad because they closed the schools and canceled all extracurricular activities, and it was prom this weekend. So prom got canceled.

    ReplyDelete
  95. @AJ, I'm not far from OK state line

    ReplyDelete
  96. @stitchblade

    Tell him to use his own computer, you're busy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  97. How long should I wait for a winner to contact me if they email I sent was bounced back?

    ReplyDelete
  98. I just downloaded the toolbar.

    ReplyDelete
  99. I would be mad too if prom got canceled. They're upset cuz most of them already bought their dress have hair appointments, rented limos, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  100. Abby goes to bed with a sippy cup of ice water. Both my kids do actually...I refused to let them go to bed with juice or milk and the water became a habit. She insists on taking big swigs of it after the Orajel.

    ReplyDelete
  101. @Trish, he goes on myspace and does his band stuff and myspace bogs his computer down so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  102. He gets all cranky when it's getting slow.

    ReplyDelete
  103. @ stitchblade I have a 48 hour policy. I know some do 72, but if they gave you the wrong email and they don't contact you, I'd move on!

    ReplyDelete
  104. I"m in Southern California, haven't watched the news yet today to see the latest swine flu buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  105. Yay Sarah! Now your Alexa will go way down.

    ReplyDelete
  106. My sister wanted to go to a big town-wide garage sale. She is kinda miffed at me that I don't want to go because of the Swine Flu

    ReplyDelete
  107. I cannot get Kaylee to drink plain water for the life of me. So I dilute 100% juice down a lot! It's basically colored water. But she'll drink that just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  108. I don't blame you for not wanting to go.

    ReplyDelete
  109. I'm going out Sunday night....ha maybe I should wear a mask!

    ReplyDelete
  110. I'm on the Arkansas Oklahoma line in the Northeast corner.

    ReplyDelete
  111. I don't give her cups when she goes to bed anyways, so I'm not too concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  112. I don't blame you either Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  113. I feel like I need to make a pot of coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  114. @Trish Both my kids will drink water I am very thankful for for that...

    @Stitchblade I just don't want to be the crazy lady walking around with a mask and a giant bottle of hand sanitizer!

    ReplyDelete
  115. Trisha I use to do the same thing with my kids ! Specially when they were sick

    ReplyDelete
  116. Looks like someone solved your footer problem!

    ReplyDelete
  117. I was just about to go look at the coding myself and someone beat me to it...

    ReplyDelete
  118. My husband said he was going to start wearing a mask to work. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  119. My three year old is weird. He only drinks water, doesn't like juice. I guess it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  120. How often to the Alexa rankings update?

    ReplyDelete
  121. I've been gone forever trying to freaking install the Alexa toolbar. Norton is fighting it.

    ReplyDelete
  122. My brother is supposed to come stay with us tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  123. Sarah,

    Alexa changes randomly. Like one day it will be one thing, then it sits there for a month and then all of a sudden changes. If you just installed it and your numbers are really high, then it should start changing fairly often.

    ReplyDelete
  124. we now have 13 known cases here in canada that I know of , One thing I like about living in a small city maybe it wont come here

    ReplyDelete
  125. I even saw on the news that people are now making fashion masks. I saw one that looked like a pig. lmao

    ReplyDelete
  126. Kate, can you turn off Norton, then install it, and then turn it back on?

    ReplyDelete
  127. It's like SARS all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  128. my Alexa is 15 068 737 Lol i have a long ways to go !

    ReplyDelete
  129. I heard one lady say, "Just don't go to Walmart and you'll be fine." I was like, WHAT?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  130. OK, back. This computer is SUPER slow

    ReplyDelete
  131. I'm going to be forever damned to a high Alexa. I can't get the damn thing to install.

    And, my son hates water. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  132. I wonder what Walmart has to do with it ! Im sure you could catch it going anywhere

    ReplyDelete
  133. Lisa, it will start to go down every time you visit your own site. And get lots of people who have the toolbar to go over there. I bet you'll get a lot from the blog party with momdot.

    ReplyDelete
  134. Mine is 470,179 - how bad is that?

    ReplyDelete
  135. I was amazed at how many comments cat had when I went there early this morning! I sure hope I get traffic like that when it comes to my day

    ReplyDelete
  136. @sarah , well you are way better then mine ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  137. Sarah, it's way better than mine!

    I'm bummed I missed the chance to do the Momdot party.

    ReplyDelete
  138. @Stitchblade
    OMG, Cat figured out! Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  139. Fashion masks? What will they think of next?

    ReplyDelete
  140. Sarah, that is great. Especially if you just installed the toolbar.

    ReplyDelete
  141. Have any of you read the book series, "Uglies?"

    ReplyDelete
  142. My Alexa has been dropping like crazy lately. I wonder where it will settle at.

    ReplyDelete
  143. There's a part in the first book that reminds me of the fashion masks, especially a pig one.

    ReplyDelete
  144. AJ, I know, me too, but I thought it was because of the live I did last week. I bet this live will help mine too. I'm still trying to get back to what it was before I switched domains.

    ReplyDelete
  145. can someone tell me what blog popz are ?

    ReplyDelete
  146. Hi there all. Yes, I still occasionally send cards. I do at Christmas for sure and some birthdays and for hubby's special events.

    ReplyDelete
  147. 689 huh? LOL I miss the LIVE on MomDot tonight. Glad you are having one, Trisha.

    ReplyDelete
  148. I'll be back in a bit, it's bath time.

    ReplyDelete
  149. I just got my two boys down to nap. Oh darn, just realized I have my spam account up oops. This is Shannon aka Potamus Prefers.

    ReplyDelete
  150. Well they are sleeping not napping. I am exhausted. They are a handful.

    ReplyDelete
  151. You should read them. It's a 3 book series, Uglies, Pretties, and Specials. Basically it's in the future, where the all the towns have come up with a way to make everyone equal. Everyone gets an opperation when they turn 16 to turn them pretty. That way all the jealousy is gone, and people are all equal. No one gets a better job or more money because they are prettier. Then one girl decides she doesn't want to be pretty. She is fine just the way she is, and it kind of goes from there.

    ReplyDelete
  152. Trish, I bet this Live will help a bunch. I've got two pages open at once. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  153. Not to make this all about Alexa or anything, but I finally installed it but apparently not right because I can't see it. Ahhhh!!

    ReplyDelete
  154. I never had Alexa cuz it won't work with Vista.

    ReplyDelete
  155. Lisa- blog pops are a thing where people can send you a pop, saying they like you. Then you register it and can win prizes off of it. I think this last round just ended, and I'm not sure if the new round has started just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  156. Shannon, that's not true. I have vista and it works just fine for me. I wonder if they updated it.

    ReplyDelete
  157. Kate, try closing down your browser and then restarting it. Or you might have to restart your computer. I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  158. Did you just recently do it? I Tried about 3 or 4 months ago and it said it wasn't compatible.

    ReplyDelete
  159. Yes, I did. Like near the end of March. I bet they came out with a new version that works with Vista since everyone has it now.

    ReplyDelete
  160. Did any of y'all review Aurora?

    ReplyDelete
  161. I have Vista and I have the toolbar ! I use firefox thought if that matters !

    ReplyDelete
  162. Gulp! I'm still working on Cheryl's blog....I don't know how I'm going to do mine and all I want is to change my header!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  163. HA he got a phone call. I am on my computer now!

    ReplyDelete
  164. Man this account I am typing from brings back memories. It was set up when I was on a message board on Pregnancy Weekly called Wanting But Waiting way before I had kids and after I had my miscarriage.

    ReplyDelete
  165. I love my random popping back in here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  166. I have no idea what my Alexa is...

    ReplyDelete
  167. Hi Shannon! I'll BRB someone wants a drink. They are supposed to be asleep. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  168. That sounds like a really good series Trish.

    ReplyDelete
  169. @Kim, I'm glad it's figured out. That can be so frustrating! Sometimes just takes another set of eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  170. I am really craving some sugar but there really isn't anything we have in the house...

    ReplyDelete
  171. Anyway I have an Aurora giveaway with 10 winners. I suggest it. Fun program and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  172. Haha Shannon! How come you're signed in through there?

    ReplyDelete
  173. @Jenna, I am craving a Bahama Bucks Smoothie...

    ReplyDelete
  174. I will restart the computer later and maybe it will work.

    Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  175. I'm watching Hart to Hart reruns. Does that make me a nerd?

    ReplyDelete
  176. I am truly exhausted and may fall asleep at the KB.

    ReplyDelete
  177. @Trisha I use this account for freecycle and I was checking it earlier in gmail and I never logged out. I guess I can switch.

    ReplyDelete
  178. @Kim we have been watching all the old 21 Jump Street episodes, my 11 yr old daughter loves it!

    ReplyDelete